Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Letter 05/18/2012

¡hola!
 
como estan? muchas gracias para usted escribia me. yo mucho feliz! yo tengo much amo por la CCM. (MTC) esta muy fun and yo aprender mucho! usted muy correcto cuando dicho "drinking from a fire hose" pero yo se que esta mi mision. como fue su semana? yo tengo muchas cosas ..... bleh (Hello! How are you? Thank you for writing me. I am happy. I have a lot of love for the MTC. It is very fun and I am learning a lot. You are right when you said "drinking from a fire hose" but I know that this is my mission. How did your week go? I have a lot of things ... bleh) no more  spanish it is too early hahaha. I have a lot of stuff to do as a Zone Leader. Hmmm.. Sundays I have leadership meetings and trainings all day and when a new district comes in I get to do all the orientation their first couple days. Elder Barnes and I that is. We actually had a new district las week and this week so right now there's 4 in our zone (about 40 elders and 4 sisters). Every night I have to give them all a hug good night. (except the hermanas (sisters) of course) when i say have to, I mean I GET to cuz it's so much fun and so amazing! Last night my ribs hurt though lol I gotta tell them all to stop squeezing so hard :) where did I get my love for people?? man I am not trying to brag but everyone says they just love getting hugs from me haha I'm practically hugging all day. and I've been complimented numerous times by the older districts and the branch preisdency on my love for people. but anyway also being a zone leader we lead the meetings and stuff I dunno. It's not too big a deal but a lot of fun!
 
So one thing I've forgotten to mention before is that I've been singing in the Choir here... haha. It's so much fun! You feel the spirit in such a different, but powerful way in music that you can't in any other way. I'm really grateful for that oppourtunity. I wish I could still play the piano though!
 
...
one of the branch presidency. well actually district presidency. in the MTC it goes Mission Presidency->District Presidency->Branch Presidency->ZL's->DL's. anyway he started talking about an experience he had with another missionary and himself on his mission, which I won't mention cuz I'll probably cry if i do, but it just made me so sooooo GRATEFUL for everything that you have done for me mom. I wasn't really crying over homesickness, just gratitude.

...
well I'm pretty much out of time. Dad, I don't feel like writing one for the blog this week so if you wanna take bits and peices from this email and put it on there that would be great. sorry haha.
 
love you all!
Elder Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment